Saturday, April 20, 2013

REVIEW: JOJO MAMAN FLOWER PARTY DRESS

What is it with little girls and pink flowery party dresses?

My nearly 4 year old girly-girl is nothing like her Tomboy never-willingly-wore-a-dress-ever mum.

I hated dresses - and still do. My daily uniform is jeans with everything; boots in winter, sneakers in summer.

Whereas Tegan will joyfully wear five different dresses a day teamed with the girliest little flimsiest shoes that fall off her feet at any pace.

Where does she get that from? It's not nature or nurture in my case. So where?

Who knows. But when a fancy new dress came through the post last week from the French-inspired clothing outlet JoJo Maman Bébé, there was fierce excitement.


Tegan opening her post

  
Believe it or not, I don't think I've ever bought her a dress. She's mostly been bought them by relatives or given them second-hand. I never saw the need - yet somehow she has morphed into a dress girl, with absolutely no encouragement by me.

That said, we spent an enjoyable 10 minutes looking through www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk's website before we decided on said party dress for her 4th birthday party. The website is nicely laid out and you can get a feel for how the dresses will look when they're worn by your nearest and dearest.

Tegan chose Pink Rose Party Dress - which for once I agreed on.


Couldn't wait to try it on



The dress didn't disappoint. The fabric is very high quality cotton with a soft, rich feel to it, and really well-made with a lovely lining inside.

She couldn't wait to try it on. Et voila... (seeing as we've gone all French clothing here) she looked stunning in the stylish little number.


Pretty in pink roses

All set for her 4th birthday in... er, 2 month's time...

If it survives for that long unworn and unsoiled. Fingers crossed.

Maybe I should hide it until then!







Post a Comment

5 comments:

  1. Ah, she's gorgeous. Mine's exactly the same. I dressed her in jeans and t-shirts for the longest time but suddenly aged 3.5 or so she eschewed all trousers and it was all tutus all day every day for months. She still won't wear jeans (uncomfy, hard to pull down/up on your own, fair enough) but the tutu phase is waning only a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks pretty as a picture in her dress. jojo maman is a lovely shop, I agree, the stuff is good quality and the prices show that! has Tegan got into Disney. princesses yet? mine have although same as you, I didn't encourage it

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks pretty as a picture in her dress. jojo maman is a lovely shop, I agree, the stuff is good quality and the prices show that! has Tegan got into Disney. princesses yet? mine have although same as you, I didn't encourage it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of Jojo Maman Bebe here too! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny my 6 year old does be as excited as your daughter about dresses, she wants to wear them even in snow!! And I'd have to hide the dress or she'd want it on everyday!! Absolutely beautiful dress by the way, she has great taste x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...