Tuesday, April 9, 2013

BEING GROUNDED

It's hard trying to keep my feet on the ground when all around difficult children battle with me and voices have to be raised to get through to them.

My nearly 4 year old has dug her (pink plastic) heels in to the ground and she's refusing my every request and instruction.

It's hard. It rattles me to my core. I hate exploding like that. But that's they only thing they respond to nowadays, shouting!

Oh how I yearn to dig my heels into the ground just like my little girl. To be as self-assured and confident like her that it doesn't matter who I piss off in the process.

Earlier, a piece of paper fell out of a drawer onto my lap. As if an angel had sent it to me. I'm baffled as to where it came from, really. Out of the blue but totally what I need in my life right now.

It's called 'Advice from a Tree'. Er, so now I'm taking advice from a tree!

But honestly, yes why not, I want to be as solid as a tree because this parenting lark uproots me every single day.

This is what the tree said to me:


 
 
Advice from a Tree – By Ilan Shamir
 
Stand tall and proud
Sink your roots deeply into the earth
Reflect the light of a greater source
Think long term
Go out on a limb
Remember your place among all living beings
 
Embrace with joy the changing seasons
For each yields its own abundance
The energy and birth of spring
The growth and contentment of summer
The wisdom to let go of leaves in the fall
The rest and quiet renewal of winter
 
Feel the wind and the sun
And delight in their presence
Look up at the moon that shines down upon you
And the mystery of the stars at night
Seek nourishment from the good things in life
Simple pleasures
Earth, fresh air, light
Be content with your natural bounty
Drink plenty of water
 
Let your limbs sway and dance in the breezes
Be flexible
Remember your roots
Enjoy the view!
 
 
 ****************************
 
Thanks Tree
 
 
 
 
 

Post a Comment

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, I hope a tree takes me in hand and starts sending me words of advice!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...