Thursday, May 9, 2013

LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL

A lovely thing happened last week that has given me a glimmer of hope of getting my life back.

I'm clawing back something of me that was lost in the melee of kiddie chaos.

I'm striking out on my own again, finding a part of me that is capable of great things and enjoying the surprising freedom that a full-time job provides.




I'm working for a massive American company that is well-respected, forward-thinking and changing the way everybody shops.

I love it! The former brow-beaten, thoroughly exhausted stay-at-home mum inside me is dancing an ecstatic jig, gleeful of the opportunity to escape the drudgery of looking after 3 small hyper kids 24/7.

The job is interesting and I'm learning something new every hour. But the best thing is the luxury of getting to focus on a task without the constant interruption of screaming children. It's the peace and quiet afforded by an office space that has me feeling really grounded this week. Giving me stillness of thought and the clarity of a calm mind.

The days away from the kids is doing wonders to my renewed enjoyment of them because I only see them for a few hours every day and at weekends. The kids seem much happier too. We're experiencing quality time, not quantity.

I never thought I'd say this but I finally see light at the end of the long, labourious tunnel of being mum to three small children.

It's a lovely place to find myself in.



Post a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...