Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Sickness leads to a health kick

I've not been well.

I've been blighted by a yeast infection that has left my scalp feeling like Mount Everest and has caused snow to fall all over my shoulders.

So I've been dramatically changing my diet, engaging in hard core detoxes, using oils, vinegar and steroids (from the doc) on my scalp, fermenting foods, taking hard-core probiotics and eating raw garlic, but nothing has cleared it yet.

It's called Seborrheic dermatitis and it's a bugger to shift. It causes the scalp to be very itchy and inflamed. It's a very anti-social disease in that I don't want to be out in public much when I'm itching and flaking, even though it's not contagious.

The silver lining is that it's sent me on a health kick, so now I don't eat gluten/wheat, no dairy except Kefir, no sugar and I try to avoid carbs wherever possible as they turn to sugar in the gut.

I drink a large daily dose of Diatomaceous Earth (microscopic fossilised Diatoms) every day to rid my body of parasites and even though I have more energy, I've less brain-fog and my underactive thyroid is cured, the scalp (and scaly ear) thing persists.

I've not been blogging recently because I've needed to be so focused on finding a cure and self-care. But once I finally rid myself of it, I'll write all about my journey to health and all the amazing products and detoxes I've discovered along the way that have dramatically improved my health, and inadvertently made me lose weight.  


Post a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...